Friday, November 18, 2011

turkey time!


We are going to my SIL's house for Thanksgiving and I wanted to make a few holiday cutes to decorate the table with.  

I have several boxes of envelopes laying around that I'll probably never use so I thought this would make a great, {simple} place setting!

You can also make them by following these simple steps:
1.  Take any size of envelope and seal the opening shut.
2.  Cut about 1/2 in off of in the same area where you would place the stamp at if you were mailing a letter. 
3.  Place your silverware (and candy cane!!) in and make sure you're happy with the length of the envelope.
4.  Distress the edges of the envelope once you're happy with the size.
5.  Embellish as you see fit!  I used my Cricut Create a Critter cart to make the cute little Turkey, and rub ons from Doodlebug for the name, and basic twine tied around it.

See?  Easy as pie!  Pumpkin, even. ;)

3 comments:

I love comments! Please be kind. :)