Hi fellow crafty friends!
Today is your lucky day. We're doing a Blog Hop AND you get 2 projects to see! How fun is that?!?
Most of you know I work for the greatest company ever - seriously. CropChocolate.com. Click on the link if you haven't seen it before and see what it's all about!
Part of my job includes being the Design Team coordinator. All 9 of the blogs that you've visited today are filled to the brim with awesome projects and things for you to create. These ladies are so talented and I'm extremely lucky to be able to work with them.
Our new "DT Year" started on August 1, and we're celebrating this weekend with a Blog Hop! You know what that means - Blog Candy. :) At the end of this post, you'll have instructions as to what to do to win that blog candy. Until you get there, here's 2 projects - 1 from LMissCrafter - Jamie and 1 from myself.
From Jamie, a sweet little card:
Jamie is also on the Design Team, but is having a fabulous vacation with her family so we're double teaming my blog today!
Welcome Little Sprouts Card
I created this fun little card for a good friend of mine that just had identical twin boys! They are over the moon happy and extremely busy as you can imagine. I couldn't help but use some of the cute new Fine and Dandy papers that I just got from Crop Chocolate. Having two little girls myself, I don't make masculine themed cards that often. It is always a challenge for me to come up with good boy color combos, but these papers made it easy. I am thrilled with the results and hope my friends are too.
Kraft cardstock, Fine and Dandy by My Mind's Eye papers, Unity stamp set - Little Sprout, seam binding ribbon and bling from my stash.
1. Start with a 5" x 5" kraft cardstock card base.
2. Adhere a 4.75" x 4.75" piece of patterned paper to the front of the card.
3. Stamp images onto patterned paper and cut them out.
4. Use foam adhesive to attach images to card front and embellish as desired.
From Amber - another sweet little card:
This actually started out as a silly RIP card for ScrappyCanuck - Karen's Cricut which died a short time ago. :) I was trying to be silly when making it, but I ended up making it pretty serious and I love how it turned out!
So Sophie Paper: Birds of a Feather and Family Ties.
Random White Core Cardstock
So Sophie: Savvy Anything for You Clear Overlay
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Lost&Found - Market Street "Adore" Trims
Lush - Blue Brads
Making Memories Slice Digital Cutter
Random "Thinking of You" rub-on sentiment, silver staples, and sanding block.
1. Cut your main paper to whatever size of card you'd like to use. I used 4.25x5.5. Fold in half.
2. Take the TH Distress Ink and distress the front side of the card.
3. Tear or cut a strip of different, coordinating paper and with the clear overlay, staple them down on the left side.
4. Take your white-core cardstock, and with your Slice machine, emboss the flower. On the raised side of the cardstock, take your sanding block and lightly rub over the shape until it's distressed enough for you. Tear around the shape, stick a brad in the middle, and glue down onto card.
5. Take a trim and tie around the card.
Ta-da!! You're done. :)
Now, for the Blog Hop. You probably got here from the fabulous Miss Alissa's blog. If you randomly stopped in at my blog, please go to CropChocolate.com's Blog for details on where to start! Follow it around until you get here. Once you're here, you'll want to leave a comment and follow my blog! After doing so, go back to CropChocolate.com's Blog, and leave a comment stating that you visited each of our blogs and would love to win the Blog Candy!! What's the prize going to consist of you ask? Well, first and foremost a Slice machine!! There'll be some other random goodies like design cards, and random other scrappy goodness to be won so you won't want to miss out.
Thanks for stopping by! :)