Friday, August 19, 2011

coasters.

My Focus Group does a mini-challenge every month, and this month Paula was in charge of it.

Here's the picture we were supposed to use as inspiration:
and here is what I came up with:
I made these 4x4 coasters for my front room.  Here's the recipe:
1.  Get ceramic tiles from a home improvement store.  I got these from Home Depot for $.16/ea!
2.  Cut your paper down to 3.75 x 3.75.
3.  Stamp and emboss your choice of image onto the paper.  Let COMPLETELY dry.
4.  BEFORE you embellish the paper, spread mod podge on the tile and place your main paper down.
5.  Embellish your coaster as desired.  
6.  Place a final coat of MP over the entire project.  
7.  Once dry, spray a coat of clear acrylic over the top to seal them.  
8.  On the back, hot glue a 4x4 pc of felt to the coaster so your table doesn't get scratched up.

Paula is also having a challenge based on this over on her blog.  See what you can come up with and link up with her!  Good luck! :)

xoxo Amber

1 comment:

  1. beautiful job you did! I'm so glad you tried something our of your norm & it was a huge success for you too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please be kind. :)