Friday, June 7, 2013

Silhouette Challenges - June DT Post - 3D/Print & Cut Treat Boxes

It's time for another challenge over at

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.
 Ch#2
Print N Cut
Begins: Saturday, June 1
Ends: Sunday, June 30

Sponsors this month are:
My Scrap Chick
Prize: GC
Tabitha Designs 
Digi Pack (Winner's Choice)
KaDoodle Bug Designs 
Prize: $15 GC

YAHOO!!!  It's my first official Design Team post for Silhouette Challenges and I couldn't be more excited!

June's challenge theme is "print and cut".  Now, I'm basically a rookie when it comes to this machine.  

Seriously.

I got it for Mother's Day 2012 and I haven't even STARTED to touch the features that this little guy can do!  Needless to say, I'm STOKED about the challenges that we'll have the next  several months.  I can't wait to learn how to REALLY use this machine.

For my first project, I had a few things floating around in my head that I wanted to do, but I didn't really {feel} anything.  

My nieces had a Dance Recital at the end of May and I try to make them something fun for each performance they have so I figured now would be a GREAT time to play with the Print/Cut feature!


I Googled a cute little quote for "dance" and "tumbling", found a tag  to use in my library in the Silhouette Studio, added it in, printed it and cut it!


The treat bags I used are the ribbon tie scalloped flap box.  
Embellish with some washi tape, and thickers for their names.

Inside the bags are some fun treats:

Tie closed with twine and ta-da!  You've got a fun treat box that everyone will LOVE!!

Remember:

All you have to do is link up your project here, and follow the directions!
Let's see what you got! Get those projects linked up! :)

xoxo Amber :)

6 comments:

I love comments! Please be kind. :)